Nay Min Thu

changing the stars.. making the destiny.. writing the history.. leaving a legacy.. one step at a time..

Monday, July 09, 2007

if tomorrow never comes..

A close friend of mine passed away a few days ago. Having known her for nearly two years, it made me realize that life can be fragile at times. And it really made me see life in a new different way. You know, we all have our dreams of doing something, achieving something, changing the world, living life to the fullest. But sometimes, we get so busy with our everyday routine that we tend to forget what is really important to us. Before we know it, the time for us to leave this world arrives. And we look back in life and say: I wish I would have done that; I wish I could have done that; I wish I should have done that.

As we all know, we do have a choice of eliminating those would-haves, could-haves and should-haves. But like Anthony Robbins said, most of us tend to "major in minor things", instead of focusing on the big picture. You know, like "what should I wear today?", "should I eat chicken rice or hokkien mee?", "I should have had my hair trimmed a little shorter.", and the list goes on and on.

In his famous commencement speech at Stanford, Steve Jobs said, "For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" Steve Jobs lives each day as if it were his last day. No wonder he has achieved so many things in life.


So from this day onwards, I have decided to live my life without any regrets.

JJ, you will always be missed by all of us. I dedicate this post to you. May you rest in peace!

nmt

4 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Blogger LUV said...

accept my condolences. May she rest in peace.

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Details: said...

So sorry to hear about that.

Sometimes we are so caught up that we got led than to lead when things become a blur.

 
At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about that.

You are right that we should live life without regrets.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Nay Min Thu said...

Sylv, Paddy and Adrian,

Thank you for your condolences. It was very sad to lose a close friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

What Is The Secret